[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19342: Call to undefined function convert_to_screen when using plugins with custom meta boxes

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Nov 25 07:26:32 UTC 2011

#19342: Call to undefined function convert_to_screen when using plugins with custom
meta boxes
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  jackdewey         |       Owner:  rboren
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  closed
Changes (by mikeschinkel):

 * cc: mikeschinkel@… (added)

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:2 nacin]:
 > Link Library is doing a very bad thing: `require_once(ABSPATH . '/wp-
 admin/includes/template.php');`

 While `add_meta_box()` is not one of them, some of the functions in `/wp-
 admin/includes/template.php` can be useful outside the admin.  Are you
 saying that `require_once()` is bad for this specific file, or for any
 file within `/wp-admin`?

 I ask this more specifically because we currently have a plugin that uses
 `require_once()` to load `/wp-admin/includes/image.php` because we need to
 use `wp_crop_image()`, and also `/wp-admin/includes/upgrade.php` because
 we need to use `dbDelta()`.

 Is there another, preferred way to get access functions in files within
 `/wp-admin/`?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19342#comment:10>