[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13473: comment_status should be set to default_comment_status when commentstatusdiv is removed

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Nov 24 16:04:30 UTC 2011

#13473: comment_status should be set to default_comment_status when
commentstatusdiv is removed
------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  jimmcq            |       Owner:  westi
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by nacin):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * resolution:  fixed =>

Comment:

 Okay, so, the trick here would be to include a hidden input that is always
 sent from the Discussion box. If it is set, then the box is there and
 things are unchecked. If it is not set, then the meta box is not there,
 and we can assume that we need to use the default.

 However, if someone unregisters the discussion meta box to register their
 own with these two checkboxes (piggybacking on what WordPress saves by
 default is not unheard of for other meta boxes), this will fail to work.

 As this is not a regression and is only obtainable by unregistering the
 meta box in code, I'm going to revert.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13473#comment:13>