[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18764: no CSS ID or class or hook for themes/plugins to modify "max file size" paragraph in media_upload_form()

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Nov 21 14:14:55 UTC 2011

#18764: no CSS ID or class or hook for themes/plugins to modify "max file size"
paragraph in media_upload_form()
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  jaredh123     |       Owner:

Comment (by jaredh123):

 So can we also add the classes to the two paragraphs?  I'm a bit confused.
 You say you agree with me, but what I'm asking is that we also add class
 attributes to the two paragraphs.

 I agree that a theme/plugin author can remove the action and write their
 own action for a custom message, but what if they want the max file size
 message but not the "after you upload you can add titles and descriptions"
 message.  Then they would be forced to rewrite the first part just to
 exclude the second.

 So, what I think I'm getting at is, this function:
 media_upload_max_file_size_message() is doing two things, it's outputting
 the max file size message, but it's also outputting a message about adding
 titles and descriptions after upload.  We either need to a) separate those
 two messages out, or at the very least b) put classes on each of the
 paragraphs so a simple CSS rule could hide the second option.  Do you see
 what I'm saying? The way it's written now, the function should be called
 media_upload_max_file_size_and_post_upload_instructions_messages().

 Let's either split those apart, or just add some classes to the two
 paragraphs outputted by the function as is.  There are lots of occasions
 where the max-file size message makes sense, but not the second paragraph.
 The only difference between my .diff and yours is I added two class
 attributes.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18764#comment:8>