[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19309: Instantiating any widget with checkboxes defaulted on don't transfer as checked only in IE9.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Nov 21 02:26:30 UTC 2011

#19309: Instantiating any widget with checkboxes defaulted on don't transfer as
checked only in IE9.
 Reporter:  beautomated   |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Widgets       |    Version:  3.2.1
 Severity:  minor         |   Keywords:
 In the Links widget, the first two checkboxes are checked by default if
 using IE8, FireFox or Webkit. If you use IE9, the first two checkboxes
 will not be checked after you drop the fresh widget instance into a
 widgetized region of the template or the inactive widgets region. This
 appears to be an incompatibility between IE9 and a JS library used for
 copying the data. I do see the proper checked="checked" parameter in the
 source code of the primary instance and all saved instances. It just
 doesn't instantiate that parameter in the drag and drop action.

 A community plugin we developed also exposes this IE9 / JS library bug:
 http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/becounted/

 I found a developer discussion and possible fix related to a non WP
 application here: https://github.com/SteveSanderson/knockout/issues/89

 Thank you!