[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19303: when inserting image into post the default caption should be either the title or excerpt of the imge

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Nov 20 13:26:39 UTC 2011

#19303: when inserting image into post the default caption should be either the
title or excerpt of the imge
 Reporter:  mark-k        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened
Changes (by mark-k):

 * status:  closed => reopened
 * type:  enhancement => defect (bug)
 * resolution:  wontfix =>

Comment:

 haha, it is my own fault but IMHO there is still something to fix here. I
 am using a small plugin to remove the width and height of the full size
 images as I prefer to control the maximum size by CSS (which is also more
 theme change friendly IMO).

 From code inspection it seems to me that the problem is that captions are
 not being set if there is no width to the image, and the only thing I can
 say about it at this point is WTF, especially since the filter which adds
 the caption is low priority, and this behavior is not documented as far my
 google skill goes.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19303#comment:2>