[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18988: On install, IIS web.config missing setting for "index.php" as default page type

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Nov 15 08:51:42 UTC 2011

#18988: On install, IIS web.config missing setting for "index.php" as default page
type
 Reporter:  scdetailer    |       Owner:

Comment (by ruslany):

 While it is possible to get into this situation, the likelihood of that is
 quite small. PHP on Windows is mostly installed by using either PHP
 Installer or Web Platform Installer. Both of those add index.php to the
 list of the IIS default documents. The only ways to get this error is if
 somebody installs PHP manually on Windows and forgets to add index.php to
 the list of IIS default documents. So my first reaction is that it is
 probably not that important to fix this.

 However, if it is considered as an important bug then the possible fix I
 can think of is to include web.config file in the wordpress zip package
 and have the following xml in it.

 {{{
 <configuration>
 <system.webServer>
  <defaultDocument>
   <files>
    <remove value="index.php" />
    <add value="index.php" />
   </files>
  </defaultDocument>
 </system.webServer>
 </configuration>
 }}}

 Note that it is important to have <remove> first in order not to add a
 duplicate entry to the collection if server admin already added index.php
 on a server level.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18988#comment:4>