[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19227: clicking the pinkynail/title in the media-upload.php library tab does not show the full media info.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Nov 10 20:30:36 UTC 2011

#19227: clicking the pinkynail/title in the media-upload.php library tab does not
show the full media info.
----------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  davidosullivan  |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |     Status:  new
Component:  Upload          |    Version:  3.3
 Severity:  normal          |   Keywords:  ux-feedback needs-patch
----------------------------+-------------------------------------
 I am using the latest nightly build.

 I am not sure if this is supposed to work this way, but it does have the
 'toggle' class and UX wise it should I think.

 Steps to reproduce:
 1: Open a post/create a new post
 2: Click the Upload/insert media button.
 3: in the media iframe click 'Media Library'
 4: Click on an 'pinkynail' or title in the list

 Nothing happens. I would expect clicking the 'pinkynail' or title to
 activate the same 'toggle' as the 'show' link does as we read left to
 right, our eyes are drawn to the image and we are generally choosing an
 image here, so our instinct is to click that. Plus this is how it works in
 the 'full' (i.e. non-iframe) version. It could also do with css to make
 the cursor 'pointer'.

 Tested in latest versions of Chrome and Firefox in Windows 7