[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15769: WordPress ships with copyrighted "Hello, Dolly!" lyrics which could potentially terminate the GNU GPL of the package

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri May 13 03:21:20 UTC 2011

#15769: WordPress ships with copyrighted "Hello, Dolly!" lyrics which could
potentially terminate the GNU GPL of the package
--------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  novasource    |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by studionashvegas):

 Here's an idea.  A little community involvement and we solve a problem
 with the few who see it as one.

 Come up with a contest to rewrite Hello Dolly's lyrics into something
 more... WordPress appropriate.  Winning entry gets voted into a patch and
 applied.  Winner also SOLIDLY agrees that his/her lyrics may be used by
 WordPress and/or distributed by WordPress, written into haiku, performed
 with interpretive dance, etc and so forth.

 Just my $.02 - there are much more pressing issues in TRAC, and if this is
 going to have an issue made out of it, then we might as well have fun with
 it and get the community involved.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15769#comment:59>