[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17002: Pasting Large Amount of Text Through Paste-from-Word TinyMCE button leads to Whitescreen upon publishing

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Mar 30 19:04:53 UTC 2011

#17002: Pasting Large Amount of Text Through Paste-from-Word TinyMCE button leads
to Whitescreen upon publishing
 Reporter:  mkgold        |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  3.1
 Severity:  minor         |   Keywords:
 I needed to paste a large MS Word document into a WordPress page, so I
 used the Paste-from-Word button on the Visual Editor to do so. When I
 tried to publish the page, I got a whitescreen with the URL /wp-
 admin/post.php

 After testing the problem in various ways, I determined that the problem
 arose only when the amount of words in the page were more than 10,000. The
 page posted fine when there were fewer than 10,000 words.

 Using WordPress 3.1, CommentPress Theme, Mac OS X 10.6.7, Chrome browser