[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16964: New function network_delete_option($option) to help keep option clutter to a minimum

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Mar 25 00:20:39 UTC 2011

#16964: New function network_delete_option($option) to help keep option clutter to
a minimum
-------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  philipwalton             |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  closed
Changes (by scribu):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => wontfix
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 >> It seems to me that the onus should be on the plugin developers.
 > It really can't be though. Not at the scale that multisite can operate
 on.

 The onus shouldn't be on plugin developers, or on super admins.

 It should be on WP Core, just like it is when a database upgrade is
 required.

 Yes, it might take two weeks, but at least the super admin doesn't have to
 go running around for custom scripts to get the job done.

 Anyway, as nacin said, the approach provided in this ticket doesn't scale.
 Closing as wontfix.

 PS: Nacin can reply even with the ticket closed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16964#comment:6>