[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16871: In Firefox 3.6.15, from the Admin Screen, Logout Function in tool bar does not work

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Mar 17 00:38:55 UTC 2011

#16871: In Firefox 3.6.15, from the Admin Screen, Logout Function in tool bar does
not work
 Reporter:  Patirick      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  3.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 '''''Please note: this ONLY happens in FireFox 3.6.15!'''''

 When the admin screen; and when the tool bar is activated. The logout
 function does not work.

 Here is what happens. When you click on logout (on the left site) from the
 admin screen on the toolbar, and click on "Back to ((blog name)) the
 toolbar at the top reappears, and you appear to still be logged in.

 This also happens in the Logout function on the right hand side as well,
 next where it says, "Howdy (name)"

 I did test it also with Google Chrome and Windows Explorer; and it did not
 do this. Only in Firefox latest.

 I'm not an expert in security, by a long shot; but something tells me that
 is not a good thing.

 Just an FYI...

 -Patrick
 politicalbyline.com

 P.S. Discovered this on my full production blog.