[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16862: Eliminating the reinstall-on-core-upgrade behavior (for Akismet and Hello Dolly)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Mar 16 15:05:22 UTC 2011

#16862: Eliminating the reinstall-on-core-upgrade behavior (for Akismet and Hello
Dolly)
-----------------------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  hakre                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  closed

Comment (by hakre):

 Replying to [comment:5 dd32]:
 > > #14484 is about wp-content in full, this ticket is about Akismet and
 Hello Dolly Plugin only (to keep things simple and apart).

 > In order to keep things simple, Leave this closed as it's a small
 component of the larger issue, This will be implemented when #14484 is
 implemented, They go hand-in-hand. Splitting discussion over multiple
 tickets causes more issues than it solves.

 That other ticket looks much more complicated to me than just dumping
 Akismet and Hello Dolly on core upgrades.

 But anyway, I congratulate if you keep traction to fix #14484 actively, so
 please go ahead. I can live with closing #14484 (if the issue doesn't get
 borked).

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16862#comment:6>