[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16736: Rewrite rules are generated inconsistently for custom taxonomies and /%category%/%postname% permalink structure

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Mar 11 00:24:58 UTC 2011

#16736: Rewrite rules are generated inconsistently for custom taxonomies and
/%category%/%postname% permalink structure
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  valentinas         |       Owner:  scribu
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by ryanduff):

 * cc: ryanduff (added)
 * keywords:   => reporter-feedback

Comment:

 Works for me. Followed steps.

 Vanilla 3.1 install. Updated permalink structure to
 "%category%/%postname%". Created book titled test-book and hit publish.
 Post shows up when I hit view.

 I'm going to assume it may be something w/ your site/server config. Try
 running it on a public facing server and not local and see what happens.

 Here's the url for the test book post I created. No 404 following the
 steps above...

 http://clients.fusionized.com/31test/book/test-book

 FWIW, the custom structure you set up only applies to posts (I think).
 There are a bunch of options when setting up rewrites for custom post
 types. Its in the codex, but there's also an article here that covers it
 in depth -> http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/custom-post-type-

Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16736#comment:25>