[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16692: Add hook to allow plugins to implement custom $wp->parse_request() logic to support arbitrary custom URLs

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Mar 9 23:54:31 UTC 2011

#16692: Add hook to allow plugins to implement custom $wp->parse_request() logic to
support arbitrary custom URLs
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mikeschinkel            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by mikeschinkel):

 Replying to [comment:15 scribu]:
 > > I very much disagree with that. The current WP_Rewrite system is
 probably the clunkiest aspect of WordPress which I'm hoping we can get
 deprecated by 4.0 by proving via a plugin that there is a much better way.

 > Stop right there and read again what I said. I'm actually proposing to
 make WP_Rewrite more self-contained, so that it's easier to swap out with
 something else.

 Okay, my bad.  I'll hold my thoughts until I get a chance to see what you
 mean.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16692#comment:16>