[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10535: _wp_filter_build_unique_id issues with the first time a filter is hooked by a class

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Mar 9 01:18:22 UTC 2011

#10535: _wp_filter_build_unique_id issues with the first time a filter is hooked by
a class
---------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  simonwheatley        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)         |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by hakre):

 Replying to [comment:26 scribu]:
 > I don't think we should mess with this in 3.1 beta, especially since in
 3.2 we will be able to use spl_object_hash() directly.

 Unless PHP 5.3, the SPL extension can be disabled. See
 [http://www.php.net/manual/en/spl.installation.php SPL Installation]. So
 we might need to offer a spl_object_hash() replacement function -or-
 encapsulate it inside a function on our own (similar to wp_object_hash()
 in [http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/10535/10535.6.patch
 10535.6.patch], it's a php 4 compatible implementation)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10535#comment:29>