[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17789: WP_CONTENT_URL Defined before wp-config.php causes incorrect links when defining WP_SITEURL

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jun 14 05:32:15 UTC 2011

#17789: WP_CONTENT_URL Defined before wp-config.php causes incorrect links when
defining WP_SITEURL
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  sethmatics         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 > If you used the above code on "localhost" then the expected output would
 be " http://localhost/wp-content/themes/twentyeleven". as the html header
 should have "host: localhost" as one of its parameters (unless I just
 don't know your configuration).

 Sorry, I mean't, I used a site that was setup using http://localhost/, and
 instead, added your code and accessed it via http://dd32-laptop/ (ie.
 Localhost, but with a dd32-laptop as the host header)

 I can verify, that WP_CONTENT_URL is NOT defined before wp-config.php is
 loaded, unless you've  got it defined in either a php pre-include or
 inside WordPress's index.php, wp-blog-header.php, wp-settings or wp-
 load.php. The only constant which will be already defined is ABSPATH.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/17789#comment:3>