[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18075: "Scan for lost attachments" should look for orphaned files in the /uploads/ folder

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jul 11 23:19:26 UTC 2011

#18075: "Scan for lost attachments" should look for orphaned files in the /uploads/
folder
 Reporter:  shamess      |      Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |     Status:  new
Component:  Media        |    Version:  3.2
 Severity:  normal       |   Keywords:
 I recently moved my blog over to another host, and just copy and pasted my
 /wp-content/uploads/ folder into the new destination. I've now got four
 years worth of media, but none of it is in the media library.

 I assumed the button on the Media Library (under Unattached) would add
 these files to the database, but it didn't.

 Extending this use case, this feature could also be used as a bulk "these
 files are already on the server, I don't want to upload them" (which is
 the only way to add files to the media library, no?) action.