[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16430: Comment 'Reply' button still present when comment max depth has been reached, just without text.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jan 31 23:48:00 UTC 2011

#16430: Comment 'Reply' button still present when comment max depth has been
reached, just without text.
 Reporter:  TheGremlyn    |       Owner:

Comment (by TheGremlyn):

 Replying to [comment:1 scribu]:
 > An opposite view: #14540
 I can see that, but I would argue that if we wanted the user to keep on
 posting comments in reply to other comments we wouldn't limit the depth in
 the first place. I would also think that it would be confusing for other
 users to read and figure out if a comment was meant for the comment
 immediately above it OR if it was in replay to the comment it is nested
 in.

 Either way, the 'Reply' text wasn't present for me, just a small, empty
 box (<div class="reply"></div>) where the text would have been were more
 comments allowed. The comment_reply_link() function returns nothing when
 max depth is reached it seems, not even the text for the link. Doing what
 is suggested in your link would be fine, but I think it would be something
 users should be able to allow or disallow, making it an entirely separate
 concept and code change. In short... I agree with the dissenters on that
 ticket ;)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16430#comment:2>