[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16214: Custom Field "Name" and "Value" headers shouldn't show if there are no custom fields

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jan 31 15:19:56 UTC 2011

#16214: Custom Field "Name" and "Value" headers shouldn't show if there are no
custom fields
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith                        |       Owner:  garyc40
     Type:  enhancement                        |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by garyc40):

 Replying to [comment:4 markjaquith]:
 > The use of output buffering seems unnecessary — {{{_list_meta_row()}}}
 is a returning function.

 Revised patch attached. What was I thinking when I wrote that? :)

 Replying to [comment:5 ptahdunbar]:
 > ticket.16214.2.diff fixes the patch by checking for an underscore in the
 meta_key field.

 I don't think not outputting private meta fields is a good idea. Plugin
 developers might want to use custom private meta fields with javascript in
 their custom post types.

 Other than that, the patch should also hide custom field table when you
 delete the last field.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16214#comment:6>