[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16276: Default value for search field - (#11420 Easy within-site linking from new content)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jan 17 20:14:42 UTC 2011

#16276: Default value for search field - (#11420 Easy within-site linking from new
content)
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  jamie.richard    |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  Editor           |    Version:  3.1
 Severity:  minor            |   Keywords:
 The within-site linking available in the current release candidate looks
 like a great idea, but I'm wondering if it might make sense to pre-popular
 the search box area with the selected text that is highlighted.

 Currently the search box (which is actually more of a filter box) is empty
 by default, but it seems to me that most of the time if you are linking to
 internal content, you will be linking to the material you are highlighting
 which will have a similar title.