[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12615: Add "first" and "last" CSS-class-names to each Widget in sidebars (Frontend)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jan 13 15:42:43 UTC 2011

#12615: Add "first" and "last" CSS-class-names to each Widget in sidebars
(Frontend)
------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  hakre             |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  assigned

Comment (by hakre):

 Replying to [comment:10 garyc40]:
 > Replying to [comment:9 nacin]:
 > > Thinking wontfix. We're not doing this in menus either.
 >
 > That makes sense.

 Highly subjective such a comment. Anyway, other CMSes have this since ages
 for everything added dynamically and from the standpoint of a CSS author
 sticking to stable (HTML 4.1 CSS 2.1 as safe base) this is just helpful,
 be it Menu, Content, Widgets, Gallery Images or just the tagcloud. CSS is
 cool. Well chosen class names help.

 So I would have loved to see that in core. But I can understand as it was
 too complicated to do so for menus (wasn't it?) to not do it where it is
 actually possible.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/12615#comment:14>