[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16091: Revise WPDB implementation to use DB agnostic syntax (where possible) and support pluggable DB-specific functions

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Jan 13 05:57:20 UTC 2011

#16091: Revise WPDB implementation to use DB agnostic syntax (where possible) and
support pluggable DB-specific functions
-----------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  sc0ttkclark      |       Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by nacin):

 4.0 is an arbitrary distinction. It's no different that 3.9 or 4.1. If we
 ever decide to this in the future, it won't be because this ticket is
 sitting around. I'm quite literally sitting around a dinner table at the
 moment with the other core developers, after a day of discussing the
 future of WordPress, and we have no desire to have rotting tickets
 reminding us of "cultural shifts" that isn't on our roadmap in any sense.
 (Hence a new resolution, maybelater, which should provide a glimmer of
 hope without any kind of promise.)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16091#comment:11>