[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16039: Copyright Problem: Original Copyright Statement, Licensing Information and Disclaimer removed from kses.php

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 9 01:12:02 UTC 2011

#16039: Copyright Problem: Original Copyright Statement, Licensing Information and
Disclaimer removed from kses.php
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  hakre         |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |      Status:  closed

Comment (by hakre):

 The patches I added here were made in the best intention to gain license
 conformity. They have been written based on feedback I could get from the
 original author.

 As I've learned ''after'' creating the patches, the author does not allow
 to relicense the library under GPL which would be needed to publish it
 with the worpdress package. I tried to get allowance to relicense KSES
 under GPL instead of GPLv2+ but the original author has neglected me being
 able of relicensing.

 Therefore me providing patches here does not mean that those patches solve
 all licensing problems regarding KSES.

 The original author told me that he is still in contect with Automattic
 and is waiting for feedback. So probably there still is some chance to
 solve this.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16039#comment:15>