[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16100: Licensing Issue: Akismet Plugin external conflicts GPL version in it's readme.txt for WordPress package

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Jan 4 20:46:39 UTC 2011

#16100: Licensing Issue: Akismet Plugin external conflicts GPL version in it's
readme.txt for WordPress package
 Reporter:  hakre         |       Owner:

Comment (by hakre):

 Patches attached. For any of the resolvements I could see so far.

 As it's proposed to unbundle shortly (#16033), an accepted alternative to
 resolve the conflict could be to unbundle directly. Which would be same as
 remove. And it would not introduce any problems at all.

 In any way easy fix. As the external developers have not asked prior to
 change their licensing notice while they knew that the code gets
 incorporated, I even no problem to directly blank it and ask them later.
 I'll mail the author who introduced the change, so the copyright holder of
 the plugin is informed about the issue.

 As seen first here: [http://hakre.wordpress.com/2011/01/01/akismet-
 introduces-gpl-version-to-wordpress/ Akismet Introduces GPL Version to
 WordPress]

 Tag: FIXIPO

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16100#comment:1>