[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16057: download_url() error checking fails to notice that the file wasnt correctly witten to disk

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Jan 3 12:44:28 UTC 2011

#16057: download_url() error checking fails to notice that the file wasnt correctly
witten to disk
-----------------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  dd32                               |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                       |      Status:  new

Comment (by erisds):

 Dion,

 Am definitely using the Direct upgrade. I've seen the FTP version before
 on other setups, but my setup has SuPHP so it always works via the direct
 method.

 The patch you submitted has changed the undefined function call error to:

 Unpacking the update…
 Could not copy file.: /home/erisds/public_html/wptest/wp-
 content/upgrade/wordpress-3.tmp/
 Installation Failed

 So the error message is now reporting the actual problem, but it would be
 nice to have a suggestion of what the problem might be again :)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16057#comment:5>