[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16236: Method to stream file downloads in HTTP API, to reduce update memory footprint

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Feb 12 00:42:22 UTC 2011

#16236: Method to stream file downloads in HTTP API, to reduce update memory
footprint
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by sivel ):

 Replying to [comment:4 dd32]:
 > There's no need to force it to a GET request when saving the response,
 It could just as easily be the response from a POST request.

 Agreed. I didn't expect this to go in, in its current form. But definitely
 something i didn't take into consideration.  I'll start working on the
 other transports as time permits and continue cleaning up the code

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16236#comment:5>