[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13459: Conflict between post and page slugs/permalinks when permalink setting is set to /%postname%/

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Feb 11 07:30:21 UTC 2011

#13459: Conflict between post and page slugs/permalinks when permalink setting is
set to /%postname%/
 Reporter:  jamescollins  |       Owner:  ryan
Changes (by solarissmoke):

 * keywords:   => dev-feedback

Comment:

 I feel like there is another ticket for this, but can't find it.

 In any case, I can't see any easy way to fix this, because pages are
 allowed to have non-unique slugs across hierarchies. One possibility might
 be to check for this particular permalink structure and modify the unique
 slug generation accordingly to ensure that no pages have that slug - but
 it would only work for new/updated posts - old ones would still have a
 conflict. Bit flimsy.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13459#comment:1>