[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18684: XMLRPC metaWeblog.newMediaObject doesn't have possibility for setting excerpt/content

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Dec 31 00:05:17 UTC 2011

#18684: XMLRPC metaWeblog.newMediaObject doesn't have possibility for setting
excerpt/content
------------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  skithund                |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
Changes (by josephscott):

 * keywords:  has-patch => has-patch dev-feedback

Comment:

 I've uploaded a diff that uses 'content' and 'description' for the field
 names.  Those are the labels WP shows in wp-admin and those are the field
 names that wp.getMediaItem uses to expose the same data.

 I'd like to get some extra review on this though.  We want to make sure
 these fields can't be used to inject bad things by people how shouldn't be
 able to do that sort of thing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/18684#comment:2>