[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19695: Links widget does not generate width or height attributes when showing an image

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Dec 30 17:29:10 UTC 2011

#19695: Links widget does not generate width or height attributes when showing an
image
------------------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  mbijon                              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)                        |      Status:  new

Comment (by mbijon):

 Thanks Eric. Per your Twitter reference to {{{/wp-includes/media.php}}},
 that's what I started from. My main change is using the 4th value returned
 by {{{getimagesize()}}} instead of building a string.

 I'm not sure about throwing an error if GD Lib isn't installed (in
 isn't a requirement for installing WP,
 http://wordpress.org/about/requirements/. My method failed past that on
 purpose.

 Note that PHP downgraded {{{getimagesize()}}} read errors to E_NOTICE in
 5.2. I think that's the right approach, and that delivering content
 instead of an error msg is more important than having correctly-set image
 attributes.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19695#comment:4>