[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14222: Improve dashboard recent comments widget performance by not fetching spam comments

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Dec 24 16:17:12 UTC 2011

#14222: Improve dashboard recent comments widget performance by not fetching spam
comments
------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  Viper007Bond            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)            |      Status:  new

Comment (by joehoyle):

 I recently ran into this issue, there was about 5000 spam comments to loop
 through 50 at a time, which was taking over 20 seconds, which made it
 pretty unusable.

 +1 for SergeyBiryukov's patch, if I understand correctly, it's faster than
 the current implementation, and fixes the issue of handling it in PHP.  No
 brainer?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14222#comment:20>