[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #19612: Author templates display all users on a multisite network, even if the user is not a member of a specific blog

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Dec 21 09:14:03 UTC 2011

#19612: Author templates display all users on a multisite network, even if the user
is not a member of a specific blog
 Reporter:  chellycat     |       Owner:

Comment (by mfields):

 Replying to [comment:2 scribu]:
 > Note that if the user has no posts (which they shouldn't), the 404
 template is loaded, as expected.

 On a fresh, local multisite installation I did the following:

 * Created new site.
 * Created a new user.
 * I did not add the user to the site.
 * Requested the author archive for the new user on the new site.

 At this point, Twenty Eleven loads author.php but displays the following
 ''no post found'' message: ''Nothing Found: Apologies, but no results were
 found for the requested archive. Perhaps searching will help find a
 related post.''

 Basically, author.php gets loaded if the author exists on the network
 regardless of whether they are associated with the site. I believe that a
 better solution would be for core to serve the 404 template in such
 instances bypassing author.php altogether.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/19612#comment:7>