[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10205: getmyuid() called instead of posix_getuid() in get_filesystem_method() (wp-admin/includes/file.php)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Aug 7 19:50:22 UTC 2011

#10205: getmyuid() called instead of posix_getuid() in get_filesystem_method() (wp-
admin/includes/file.php)
------------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  pgl                     |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by till):

 I agree with the previous poster while I understand that this is very
 technical, etc..

 I ran into the same issue for the sake of testing, I even set {{{0777}}}
 (yes, I know it's insecure), but the test inside this function still
 failed. {{{define('FS_METHOD', 'direct');}}} was my only possible work-
 around.

 Generally, I'm also wondering why a temporary file needs to be created
 when a {{{is_writable()}}} should suffice?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10205#comment:19>