[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #18312: Bug when using WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically with lists

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Aug 1 17:45:50 UTC 2011

#18312: Bug when using WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML
automatically with lists
--------------------------+---------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  racqnhack     |      Owner:  racqnhack
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  Formatting    |    Version:  3.2.1
 Severity:  critical      |   Keywords:  needs-testing reporter-feedback
 To duplicate:

 Enable "WordPress should correct invalidly nested XHTML automatically" in
 Settings -> Writing

 Create new page.

 Create new bullet list with nested list

 Hit Preview and see that lists (html) are coming out different.

 Then, disable and try again and see that lists work now.

 I can duplicate this on all my wp sites.