[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17193: comment_form() outputs ID fields related to get_the_id() even when passed a $post_id

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Apr 20 17:54:30 UTC 2011

#17193: comment_form() outputs ID fields related to get_the_id() even when passed a
$post_id
 Reporter:  natecook      |      Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |     Status:  new
Component:  General       |    Version:  3.1
 Severity:  normal        |   Keywords:
 Calling comment_form() and passing in a $post_id value other than the
 current page's post as the second parameter results in an incorrect
 comment form. The form that is returned has the hidden "comment_post_ID"
 input field set to the ID of the current page, rather than the $post_id
 passed into comment_form(). This issue appears if a custom template is
 used to retrieve a customized group of posts (a custom content type, for
 example) and then display the list of posts and the associated comment
 forms.

 {{{
 // this code could be in a custom template used on a page with ID 101
 // retrieve all my content from the "my_custom_type" content type, with
 IDs 201, 202, 203
 $my_posts = get_posts("post_type=my_custom_type");

 foreach ($my_posts as $my_post) {
         echo "<h3>Add a comment to post #{$my_post->ID}</h3>";
         comment_form("", $my_post->ID);
         echo "<hr />";
 }
 }}}

 The three generated comment forms all have hidden "comment_post_ID" fields
 with the same value (101), when they should have values that match the
 headline written (201, 202, 203).