[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15440: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure during plugin update

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Apr 3 13:15:03 UTC 2011

#15440: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure during plugin
update
----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  LongTail Video        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 Can duplicate this issue with this file:
 `http://downloads.wordpress.org/plugin/jw-player-plugin-for-
 wordpress.1.3.3.zip` however, I cant duplicate it with a simple archive
 within an archive however, so it might be dependant on archive in a
 subfolder, or a particular compression application used by WordPress.org
 or maybe the size of the archives.

 Looking at the strings within PclZip, it appears as if it thinks some
 files finish half way through, which causes a problem(Invalid archive
 structure) when it can't find the next file header mid-way through the
 compressed file data.. Unfortnately, I'm not good enough to follow some of
 the cryptics within PclZip, but it looks like privReadEndCentralDir()
 might be returning the incorrect offsets (Note, This is the function we
 had to patch for 64bit systems when initially introduced)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15440#comment:5>