[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #17017: Check if a post has a featured image and get its URL (outside from the_loop)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Apr 1 23:21:18 UTC 2011

#17017: Check if a post has a featured image and get its URL (outside from
the_loop)
-----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  wiltave          |      Owner:
     Type:  feature request  |     Status:  new
Component:  General          |    Version:  3.1
 Severity:  normal           |   Keywords:
 I get posts with get_posts. I didn't find a way to check, outside of
 the_loop, if a post has a featured image and how to get its URL (for
 example, wp-content/uploads/month/featured-image.ext).

 I've made two functions, please, take a look at the attachment. I've put
 it in wp-includes/post.php. Maybe you could improve it (if it needs) and
 include to the core.