[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9591: sanitize_title_with_dashes() and remove_accents() improvements for i18n permalinks

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Sep 28 05:44:58 UTC 2010

#9591: sanitize_title_with_dashes() and remove_accents() improvements for i18n
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |        Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)       |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by tosak):

 If you save a page with say Kanji letters:
 http://localhost/wp/漢字

 WP saves the regex as:
 (%e6%bc%a2%e5%ad%97)(/[0-9]+)?/?$

 Then when you call the page, WP decodes the request, but not the regex, so
 it tries to match 漢字 against (%e6%bc%a2%e5%ad%97)(/[0-9]+)?/?$ resulting
 in a 404

 if you use rawurlencode, WP correctly matches 漢字 against (漢字)(/[0-9]+)?/?$

 I'm sorry if I misunderstood what we're trying to do here, this just fixed
 the issue with foreign characters in URL's and 404's for me, so wanted to
 share it.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9591#comment:36>