[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #14703: Make the Incutio XML-RPC Library GPL-Compatible and match redistribution and use conditions.

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Sep 10 17:42:13 UTC 2010

#14703: Make the Incutio XML-RPC Library GPL-Compatible and match redistribution
and use conditions.
 Reporter:  hakre         |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by tfountain):

 I hope I can clarify a few things here, since I can speak for Incutio.

 Although the Incutio XML-RPC library itself was released under the
 Artistic License, it was agreed when Wordpress first wanted to include it
 that you could do so under the New BSD license. So, ''I can confirm that
 there are no licensing issues past or present with the inclusion of this
 library in Wordpress''.

 Version 1.7.4 of the library, linked above, was released under the New BSD
 license in part as a response to this ticket, as I hope this makes things
 clearer for you guys in the long run. We (at Incutio) are both fans and
 users of Wordpress, so we are happy to support it in any way we can.

 I'm happy to put together a 1.7.5 release of the library that includes the
 htmlspecialchars() change mentioned above if that would help with the
 merge, although it's slighly unclear from the changeset and relevant
 ticket what it was fixing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/14703#comment:35>