[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13627: Importing from a WP export file creates new users as subscribers instead of authors

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Oct 21 19:31:08 UTC 2010

#13627: Importing from a WP export file creates new users as subscribers instead of
authors
 Reporter:  laurentlasalle  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Import          |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  2nd-opinion
Changes (by duck_):

  * keywords:  subscriber => 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 Not sure if there's much that can be done. How can we be sure that the
 contributor (or author, editor, ...) role exists on the blog being
 imported to? As far as I can see isn't it the current behaviour best; let
 wp_insert_user set the role as the blog default.

 Maybe a more prominent notice in the importer about changing the role as
 well as other author information.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13627#comment:1>