[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #1597: balanceTags() doesn't filter self-closing tags which shouldn't be self-closed

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Oct 14 19:40:37 UTC 2010

#1597: balanceTags() doesn't filter self-closing tags which shouldn't be self-
closed
 Reporter:  frenzie       |        Owner:  rob1n
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by Frenzie):

 I don't think base, basefont, frame, isindex, link, and meta are really
 the kind of elements that this function typically presides over? All of
 those except the FRAME element are children of the HEAD element. Although
 of course if it did run over those elements for some reason you wouldn't
 want it to incorrectly turn them into non-self-closing tags... ah never
 mind, senseless criticism. It all seems to be working fine, but I'll see
 if I can come up with some better tests tomorrow or over the weekend.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/1597#comment:15>