[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10787: Send emails to notify Administrators that an update is avaialble for core|plugins|themes

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Oct 4 11:20:18 UTC 2010

#10787: Send emails to notify Administrators that an update is avaialble for
core|plugins|themes
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dd32             |        Owner:  dd32
     Type:  feature request  |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by MattyRob):

 Please also read through the now closed 14444 ticket.

 There are many reasons for '''not''' implementing this without an option
 to turn off at the very least. At best leaving this for a future release
 would be wise.

 - Admins who are content posters will check for updates regularly[[BR]]
 - Admins who set up sites for authors and then leave will not welcome lots
 of emails from all the sites they have enabled[[BR]]
 - This already exists in a plugin which has been downloaded less than
 4,000 times - not that popular then[[BR]]
 - It seems the proposed method above will email me daily until I update,
 major annoyance if I choose to wait a month to ensure a new release is
 stable enough for my main sites or if a plugin change breaks my
 theme![[BR]]

 I think the reasons against this proposal outweigh the reasons for it. I
 welcome any debate.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10787#comment:16>