[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10787: Send emails to notify Administrators that an update is avaialble for core|plugins|themes

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Oct 4 06:21:17 UTC 2010

#10787: Send emails to notify Administrators that an update is avaialble for
core|plugins|themes
----------------------------------+-----------------------------------------
 Reporter:  dd32                  |        Owner:  dd32
     Type:  feature request       |       Status:  reopened
Changes (by jane):

  * keywords:  dev-feedback => email, notifications
  * resolution:  wontfix =>
  * status:  closed => reopened
  * component:  Administration => Upgrade/Install
  * milestone:  => 3.1

Comment:

 This has come up a number of times since this ticket was closed, so re-
 opening to discuss given current situation.

 I think this would be popular as an option (on by default) in Settings,
 especially as more and more users skip the dashboard and post directly
 from the front end. This will become even more commonplace with 3.1, after
 @jorbin makes QuickPress a template tag and any theme can have a front-end
 posting form.

 Re above suggestion that it be a canonical plugin: Core/canonical plugins
 have not panned out as originally expected due to lack of momentum/time
 from contributors, and even if we were ready to go with the pilot core
 plugins, they wouldn't be bundled.

 I believe Matt would like to see this in core, and I know I would for the
 reason I stated above. Anyone want to weigh in?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10787#comment:8>