[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15440: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure during plugin update

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Nov 17 01:57:18 UTC 2010

#15440: PCLZIP_ERR_BAD_FORMAT (-10) : Invalid archive structure during plugin
update
 Reporter:  LongTail Video  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  General         |     Version:  3.0.1
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:

Comment(by hakre):

 Thanks for reporting the issue. Can you confirm that this is reproduce-
 able every time when PCLZIP extracts a zip-file containing another zip?

 Technically there should be no difference which type of files reside
 inside a zip. I don't know why this should be a bad idea to have a zip in
 a zip technically. I never had problems with that on desktop or shell, so
 if this actually happens every time with PCLZIP (and not the PHP ZIP
 extenstion), this is most likely a flaw with PCLZIP (as this is a PCLZIP
 error constant). I couldn't find any information if zip in zip is
 problematic on the PCLZIP homepage.

 If this is reproduceable, it's probably worth to check if WP still has the
 latest PCLZIP version bundled and to report this problem as well to the
 PCLZIP project.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15440#comment:2>