[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13627: Importing from a WP export file creates new users as subscribers instead of authors

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat May 29 20:35:16 UTC 2010

#13627: Importing from a WP export file creates new users as subscribers instead of
authors
 Reporter:  laurentlasalle  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Import          |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:  subscriber
 When importing a WP export file (from Tools > Import > WordPress), the
 system asks if the blog administrator wants to create new users (if the
 authors from that export file differs from those already registred in the
 system). The role attributed to these new users is "Subscriber", which is
 a role that doesn't allow them to write nor publish posts.

 I wanted to change the author of a newly imported post and since I was the
 only user with the required level to publish post content, the "Author"
 option wasn't available through the Quick Edit option. I just lost like 10
 minutes trying to figure out why... o_O