[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13594: Moving a site from single site to multi site on WP 3.0 rc1 propose subdirectory, but applies subdomains

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri May 28 12:33:11 UTC 2010

#13594: Moving a site from single site to multi site on WP 3.0 rc1 propose
subdirectory, but applies subdomains
 Reporter:  sushicodeur   |       Owner:
Component:  Multisite     |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 When migrating an existing site from single-site to multi-site (3.0 rc1),
 I've been proposed to migrate using subdirectory which is fine, but, after
 validating the migration the site is configured for using subdomains, the
 code given for the .htaccess + wp-config is for multisite using
 subdomains.

 Here is what I've done whith this site :

  * The site was running WP 2.9.2 (with fr_FR locales, running localy on
 MAMP)
  * Backuped db + files
  * Replaced wp-admin + wp-includes + the php files at the root, except wp-
 config.php with the 3.0 rc1
  * Migrated the DB using wp-admin

 At this stage I had a fully functionnal 3.0 rc1 website (except that some
 locales were missing), then I tried to configure the site to use multisite

  * Made another backup of the files + db
  * Added "define('WP_ALLOW_MULTISITE', true);" to wp-config.php
  * Activated the multisite in wp-admin / tools / network

 At this stage the activation screen told me that only sub-directory was
 possible, then :

  * Created blogs.dir
  * Modified the wp-config with the given code where "define(
 'SUBDOMAIN_INSTALL', true );" was proposed, modified the code as proposed
  * Modified the .htacces with the given code that was also for a sub-
 domain install
  * Logged out / Logged in
  * Modified the wp-config with the SALT values that where proposed
  * Logged out / logged in
  * When I created the first subsite, I was proposed to create a site in
 sub-domain, created it, but the site isn't accessible

 I hope you can reproduce this.