[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13364: Bug with tags and categories when importing from WP 2.9.2-exporting XML files

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed May 26 15:10:32 UTC 2010

#13364: Bug with tags and categories when importing from WP 2.9.2-exporting XML
files
 Reporter:  gaobo         |       Owner:
Component:  Import        |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  major         |    Keywords:  import duplicated entries

Comment(by ryan):

 I can reproduce this in 2.9.2 as well. When importing posts, the category
 slug is not being referenced when checking to see if the category exists.
 This ends up in the category being recreated with a new slug.  Instead of
 using this field:

 {{{
 <category><![CDATA[远征手记]]></category>
 }}}

 This field should be used:

 {{{
 <category domain="category"
 nicename="eternity"><![CDATA[远征手记]]></category>
 }}}

 And we should use the nicename as the slug when calling get_term_by() in
 the categories loop of process_post().

 Since the importer is now in the plugins repo, this is not a blocker for
 3.0 release. Fixing it would be very nice however.  Anyone want to have a
 try?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13364#comment:11>