[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13386: Add ability to filter the text "Enter title here" which appears within the title's input box

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu May 20 20:37:13 UTC 2010

#13386: Add ability to filter the text "Enter title here" which appears within the
title's input box
 Reporter:  goto10          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal          |    Keywords:

Comment(by goto10):

 @t31os_ - I gotcha.  Fair enough on that.  I think I was "off" on point 2
 from nacin's post.  It's really a different matter than the title prompt
 text anyway.

 After pondering this a bit more, and learning of the new "labels" argument
 for register_post_type, I'm thinking that a new label parameter would be
 suitable for the title prompt text (vs a filter, as I had originally
 proposed).

 Also, having a new label argument for the title's column header text on
 the manage edit posts screen would be cool.  Since the title's column
 header text is already filterable, I think that this would be feasible.

 One could make the point that you can just add the filter for the title's
 column header already without the need for a core enhancement, just as
 nacin pointed out work-arounds for the title prompt text.  But, I'm
 looking to do as much as possible all at once with just a single call to
 register_post_type().  I feel like these proposals are pretty well in-line
 with what the labels parameter is doing.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13386#comment:5>