[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12663: Hierarchical taxonomies mixed up, not global when global terms enabled in multisite

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Mon Mar 22 01:26:30 UTC 2010

#12663: Hierarchical taxonomies mixed up, not global when global terms enabled in
multisite
 Reporter:  sillybean     |       Owner:
Component:  Multisite     |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:
 I'm creating [http://wordpress.pastebin.com/W9YcAfP7 a custom post type
 and taxonomy] for a university site. I had tested the plugin successfully
 on a single site. On the network, I created a subdomain site to test
 things a bit, then turned on global terms and network-enabled the plugin.
 When I went to create a new College term, weirdness occurred.

 The list of Colleges was initially blank, as you would expect. When I
 entered the first one (Architecture), what appeared in the Colleges list
 on the right was Uncategorized. I deleted that and tried again. This time
 Blogroll appeared. I deleted that and tried a third time. This time I did
 get Architecture with the slug architecture-3.

 Uncategorized and Blogroll still appear under both sites' categories and
 link categories. On the subdomain site, the Colleges list is blank again.