[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #12595: import from movable type can timeout and doesn't obey php max_execution_time

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Mar 12 21:28:04 UTC 2010

#12595: import from movable type can timeout and doesn't obey php
max_execution_time
 Reporter:  stevecrozz    |       Owner:
Component:  Import        |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal        |    Keywords:  movable type, import
 When importing entries with large numbers of comments, the import script
 can timeout. Raising php's max_execution_time in php.ini doesn't help
 because the execution time is reset to a hardcoded 30 seconds in mt.php
 ironically to keep the script from timing out. In some cases it has the
 opposite effect and doesn't allow for larger timeouts to be set without
 modifying the import script.

 I'm attaching a patch that works for me. This patch simply checks to see
 if max_execution_time has been set and uses its value (if set) to provide
 to set_time_limit(), otherwise it uses the same hardcoded 30 second limit.