[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #9591: sanitize_title_with_dashes() and remove_accents() improvements for i18n permalinks

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Mar 2 04:38:17 UTC 2010

#9591: sanitize_title_with_dashes() and remove_accents() improvements for i18n
-------------------------------+--------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Denis-de-Bernardy  |        Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect (bug)       |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by Denis-de-Bernardy):

 Replying to [comment:19 miqrogroove]:
 > Please also strip em-dash.
 >
 > I don't understand Denis's reason for punting this ticket.  Existing
 filter slugs generated for new items.

 My understanding of the problem is that the same sanitization flow comes
 in when looking up posts in the database. In other words, if abc
 previously resulted in abd, and abd now results abe, the abc post would no
 longer be reachable. Or something like that.

 For the gory details, see the comments from Ryan in the multitudes of
 tickets I've closed as dup of this one.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9591#comment:23>